The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
University of Nevada, Reno    
  Jan 18, 2018

Admission Information for Returning Students

Students returning to the university after an absence of one or more semesters are required to resubmit an application for admission the last business day prior to the beginning of the semester they wish to attend. The reactivation form is available at Graduate students must have a leave of absence approved by their department and the Graduate School to be reinstated in an advanced degree program. Students lacking this approval will be admitted as graduate special students pending approval of reinstatement to their degree program.

Each individual who attends another educational institution since last enrolling at the university must submit official transcripts from each school attended whether credit was earned or not. If transferring from another college, any disciplinary sanction must be declared.

Undergraduate students who left the university prior to the Fall of 2011 with a grade point average below 2.0, will be placed on second semester probation upon their return.  See the Undergraduate Academic Standards  section of this catalog for information on probation and dismissal. 

Second Undergraduate Degrees: Students may earn a second bachelor’s degree subsequent to earning the first degree provided all specified requirements are satisfied. Students who have earned their first bachelor degree at another university are permitted to earn a second bachelor degree of the same title at the University of Nevada, Reno. A maximum of 90 credits from the first bachelor’s degree may be transferred to meet the requirements of the second bachelor’s degree. Second bachelor’s degree candidates must earn 30 credits of upper division coursework in residence at the University of Nevada. The regular graduation application and fee payment procedures apply for each degree that the student seeks.