The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
University of Nevada, Reno    
  Jan 16, 2018

Resources for Transfer Students

Transfer Agreements

Per NSHE Board of Regents policy, the University develops and maintains Core and major-to-major agreements with all NSHE institutions. These agreements outline the path that students who plan to complete both an associate’s and a bachelor’s degree should follow. Links to these agreements and additional information on transfer to the university are available at

In collaboration with faculty at UNR and other NSHE institutions, personnel in the Office of Admissions and Records maintain these agreements. As curriculum changes are reviewed through the campus and Board of Regents processes, the implications for transfer agreements are considered. UNR’s catalog and curriculum coordinator informs affected NSHE institutions of proposed changes. When necessary, faculty proposing changes will contact their peers at affected NSHE institutions to resolve curriculum questions. Faculty at other NSHE institutions keep UNR apprised of curriculum changes at their institutions. Once changes have all required approvals, the Transfer Agreements are updated appropriately.

Reverse Transfer Agreements

Particularly in science and engineering programs, students who plan to complete both associate’s and bachelor’s degrees may be required to matriculate to the university prior to completing the requirements for a transfer associate’s degree.  In these cases, students may develop an individual reverse transfer agreement to earn their associate’s degree. Prior to enrolling at UNR, students must meet with an advisor at the associate’s degree granting institution to determine how coursework completed at UNR will be used to meet outstanding associate’s degree requirements. When the mutually agreed upon UNR coursework is complete, students must send an official UNR transcript to the NSHE associate degree granting institution. Students may be required to complete an application for graduation at the associate degree granting institution prior to processing of the UNR transcript. Students should contact an academic advisor at their transfer institution for more details on the reverse transfer process.

Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or California State University Breadth Agreement (CSU Breadth)

For students entering the University of Nevada, Reno, completion of all IGETC or CSU Breadth requirements may permit a student to transfer from a California community college without the need, after transfer, to take additional lower-division Core Curriculum courses. (Per the NSHE Board of Regents, all students must complete ENG 102  and instruction in the United States and Nevada constitutions.) However, many programs at the University require specific Core coursework as preparation for the major. Students are strongly encouraged to review major program requirements in the UNR general catalog and to consult a UNR transfer advisor to select general education coursework in order to insure that work completed for IGETC or CSU Breadth will satisfy major-specific lower-division Core Curriculum requirements.

Certification of completion of all IGETC or CSU Breadth requirements must appear on California Community College transcripts.