The intercollegiate athletics program at the university offers a variety of individual and team sports for men and women with a commitment to the development and education of the student-athlete.
Intercollegiate teams are fielded for men in baseball, basketball, football, golf, rifle, and tennis. Intercollegiate teams for women compete in basketball, cross country, golf, rifle, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, track and field (indoor and outdoor), and volleyball.
The intercollegiate athletics program competes under the auspices of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). Nevada is a member of the Mountain West Conference (MWC) in all sports except rifle.
Athletics Vision Statement
The University of Nevada Intercollegiate Athletics will foster an environment in which “the team” can be successful through competitive and equitable programs driven by core values. (Team is defined as all athletics staff, student-athletes, and volunteers.)
- As an integral part of the university, “the team” will operate with the highest degree of integrity, fairness, and accountability.
- Recruit, develop and retain team members of the highest caliber athletically, academically, and socially.
- Develop and maintain programs that compete successfully at the conference, regional and national levels.
- Provide our fans with a safe, enjoyable and quality experience while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
- Promote an environment where diversity and inclusion are respected and celebrated.
Additional information about the intercollegiate athletics program or about specific sports is available at http://www.nevadawolfpack.com/index-main.html and by calling the Intercollegiate Athletics Department at (775) 784-6900. The department is located in Legacy Hall.
Lawlor Events Center
Opening in the fall of 1983, Lawlor Events Center is a 12,000 seat, multi-purpose public assembly facility which accommodates business and educational meetings, banquets, trade shows and exhibitions, as well as entertainment, athletic and sporting events. In keeping with university goals, the mission of Lawlor Events Center is to enhance the quality of life for the students, faculty and staff of the University of Nevada, Reno as well as the residents of northern Nevada, by providing a highly diverse program of events in an efficiently operated facility.
In addition to the main arena, the Lawlor complex consists of two large meeting rooms, which can serve as “break-out” rooms for workshops and conferences and can comfortably accommodate banquets and receptions for as many as 400 to 1,000 guests. For information about the facility, call (775) 784-4659. For event and ticket information, call (775) 784-4444.