Feb 23, 2024
ART 346 - New Media Art in Context (3 units)
Survey of history and contemporary practices, including emphasis on individual artists and their work.
Units of Laboratory/Studio: 3
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. demonstrate advanced competencies in the critical knowledge and analysis of the context and history of new media media based creative practices.
2. articulate the timeline in the history of New Media Art.
3. identify experimental artists and practitioners in the field of New Media Art.
4. deconstruct and analyze patterns and style in the history and contexts of New Media Art.
5. articulate the evolution of the development of New Media based art forms and its relationship to larger social and political contexts.
6. demonstrate proficiency in discussion, presentation, analysis and writing about New Media based art while engaging in intermediate best practices for basic website/blog development.
Click here for course scheduling information. | Check course textbook information
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)