Jan 31, 2023
CHS 360 - Disability Issues in Health Ecology (3 units) CO10, CO12
Examines disability issues related to health and wellness from historical, philosophical, psychological, and sociological perspectives.
Prerequisite(s): Junior or Senior standing.
Grading Basis: Graded
Units of Lecture: 3
Offered: Every Fall and Spring
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. demonstrate awareness of their own attitudes towards individuals with disabilities.
2. demonstrate knowledge of the principles of self-determination and inclusion.
3. demonstrate knowledge of the history of services to people with disabilities.
4. demonstrate knowledge of current trends, laws and issues.
5. demonstrate knowledge of the principles and issues of advocacy and self-advocacy.
6. demonstrate knowledge of assistive technology and universal design.
7. demonstrate knowledge of services to people with disabilities and how they continue to change.
8. demonstrate a multidisciplinary understanding of disability.
Click here for course scheduling information. | Check course textbook information
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)