Dec 01, 2023
ENG 101 - Composition I (3 units)
Writing the expository essay; emphasis on revising and editing for development, coherence, style, and correctness.
Recommended Preparation: ACT English of 18 or ACT ELA of 18 or SAT ERW of 480 or ENG 98 .
Grading Basis: Graded
Units of Lecture: 3
Offered: Every Fall, Spring, and Summer
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. recognize, articulate, and respond to different rhetorical contexts.
2. practice strategies for purposeful, concrete development of topics, for example by using writing to record, explore, organize, and communicate.
3. interpret, analyze, discuss, and evaluate a variety of readings.
4. use multiple drafts and peer review to improve their own texts.
5. use generating, organizing, revising, and editing strategies that are appropriate to specific writing situations.
6. use reflection to examine personal experience, expertise, writing process, and sources to compose.
7. write understandable, efficient sentences.
8. demonstrate general conventions of usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation in standard written English.
Click here for course scheduling information. | Check course textbook information
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)