Jun 28, 2022
THTR 345 - Movement and the Body: Acting IV (3 units)
Practice in using movement and the body for actors.
Prerequisite(s): THTR 105 ; THTR 251 .
Grading Basis: Graded
Units of Lecture: 2
Units of Laboratory/Studio: 1
Offered: Every Fall
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. demonstrate the expressive and communicative ability of the body.
2. demonstrate increased awareness, range of motion, and freedom in the full physicality of the body as an instrument of artistic expression.
3. apply the concepts of gesture, spatial relationships and storytelling through physical action.
4. explore and practice movement forms and apply physical and theatrical concepts to the development of character.
5. demonstrate kinesthetic skills for actors as they apply to performance including use of space, time, and weight.
6. develop and conduct a physical warm-up, based on movement principles learned in class.
7. use partner work and ensemble building projects to foster a collaborative approach to theater.
Click here for course scheduling information. | Check course textbook information
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)