University General Course Catalog 2022-2023 
    Apr 14, 2024  

Progress and Graduation Requirements

Return to Admission Information for Transfer Students  

Students are encouraged to review these requirements with their academic advisor to verify they are on track for timely completion of their bachelor’s degree program:

  • Academic Requirements Report (AAR): Access and carefully read the AAR that is prepared for you in MyNevada. This report shows how your coursework is being used to meet graduation requirements. The report must be complete before a degree can be posted on your University transcript. It is each student’s responsibility to access and review this report with an academic advisor regularly.
  • Major Declaration: All degree-seeking undergraduate students are required to declare a major or be admitted into a program before or upon completion of 60 credits.
  • Four-Year Credit Requirement: Half of the credits required for the degree must be earned from a regionally accredited, four-year educational institution.
  • University Residency Requirement: A candidate for a bachelor’s degree must complete 30 of the last 45 credits in University of Nevada, Reno credit.  Exceptions may be made for study abroad or exchange programs.  Students must fulfill Major and Minor residency requirements.
  • University of Nevada, Reno GPA: Grade-point averages earned at other universities are not reflected in the University of Nevada, Reno cumulative GPA.
  • Major Residency Requirement: Major requirements must include at least 15 upper-division credits in residence.
  • Minor Residency Requirement: Minor requirements must include at least 6 upper-division credits in residence.
  • Upper-Division Credit: Only courses completed at the upper-division level may apply to the University’s upper-division course requirement for graduation.
  • Repeated Credit: The University processes transfer work in accordance with the repeat policies described on source transcripts.
    Students receive credit for repeated courses (either from a single institution or credit repeated across multiple institutions) once; grade points associated with repeat courses are averaged.
  • Correspondence Study and Continuing Education: A maximum of 60 semester credits earned in acceptable, correspondence study courses, completed through a regionally accredited correspondence division [including U.S. Armed Forces Institute (USAFI)/Defense Activity for Nontraditional Education Support (DANTES)] and/or in extension or off-campus courses, may be applied toward a baccalaureate degree.

Return to Admission Information for Transfer Students ​