Jun 25, 2022
CAS 464 - Practicum in Addiction Treatment and Prevention (3 units) CO14
Placement in an accredited substance abuse treatment program or a prevention program site with an opportunity to apply skills and knowledge learned in previous CEP courses and the student’s major field of study.
Maximum units a student may earn: 6
Prerequisite(s): CAS 454 .
Grading Basis: Graded
Units of Lecture: 1
Units of Internship/Practicum: 2
Offered: Every Fall and Spring
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. display core relational skills as appropriate with clients at assigned clinical site.
2. exhibit case management skills through client engagement, maintaining case files and written case notes as appropriate to the field site.
3. demonstrate clinical skills taught in earlier CASAT and major field of study classes and utilized in assessment, group or individual counseling, and other treatment program activities.
4. exhibit appropriate boundaries and legally sound practices of ethical and confidential behaviors as expected of professional counselors or client advocates.
5. determine if working in the behavioral health prevention, treatment, or recovery field is a continuing career goal.
6. determine their growth and learning through self-evaluations.
Click here for course scheduling information. | Check course textbook information
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)