Mar 27, 2023
CTL 699B - Supervised Internship - Secondary Education (1 to 9 units)
Student teaching Secondary education.
Maximum units a student may earn: 9
Prerequisite(s): Admission to master’s degree in secondary education program.
Grading Basis: Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory
Offered: Every Fall and Spring
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. demonstrate, in writing and in execution, an ability to render an appropriately challenging lesson and class plan.
2. demonstrate an ability to manage a classroom, its students, and the many and myriad events that may occur throughout the school day.
3. actively participate in, and from time to time, lead, student assessments designed to target that student’s classroom performance.
4. engage with students in the classroom such that a climate of learning is established, promoted and expanded.
5. model how to behave in a classroom such that everyone is valued and respected.
6. use instructional technology to support the teaching and learning process.
7. show an evolving strategy of maintaining accurate and useful student records.
8. demonstrate professional behavior in all aspects of the field experience.
Click here for course scheduling information. | Check course textbook information
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)