Dec 11, 2023
COM 454 - Alternate Dispute Resolution (3 units) CO14
Review and analysis of contemporary communication-based conflict resolution alternatives, such as mediation, conciliation, arbitration, and restorative justice with an emphasis on mediation.
Prerequisite(s): Junior or Senior standing; COM 113 ; COM 212 .
Grading Basis: Graded
Units of Lecture: 3
Offered: Every Fall - Even Years
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. describe and explain alternative processes for resolving conflict.
2. describe and explain various approaches to mediation.
3. appraise diverse perspectives in solving conflict.
4. interpret interpersonal and workplace conflict from a neutral standpoint.
5. apply alternative dispute resolution processes to everyday situations .
6. connect alternative dispute resolution practices to expected outcomes.
7. synthesize research and communicate analyses of alternative dispute resolution case studies.
8. develop basic third-party communication skills.
Click here for course scheduling information. | Check course textbook information
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)