Jan 27, 2023
CHS 315 - Social and Behavioral Sciences (3 units)
This course presents significant social, cultural, and behavioral topics related to public health and health promotion sciences.
Prerequisite(s): CHS 101 .
Grading Basis: Graded
Units of Lecture: 3
Offered: Every Fall and Spring
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. discuss the history of health promotion sciences and social and behavioral sciences.
2. apply basic theories and models from a range of social and behavioral disciplines to a health behavior or outcome.
3. describe the merits of social and behavioral science interventions and policies.
4. identify individual, organizational and community assets, resources, and deficits for social and behavioral science interventions.
5. specify multiple targets and levels of intervention for health promotion programming.
6. develop a hypothetical health promotion and disease prevention program and outline basic steps for its planning, implementation, and evaluation.
7. communicate public health information with diverse audiences.
8. communicate public health information through a variety of media.
Click here for course scheduling information. | Check course textbook information
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)