Mar 27, 2023
ENG 100L - Composition Intensive Lab (1 unit)
This lab supports students as part of a corequisite model that includes ENG 100I and ENG 105L. The lab provides students with opportunities to work with concepts and explore the writing process in a small group setting. The content is designed to offer practice with the Core Writing skills, which include writing for multiple purposes and audiences, following conventions, and understanding genre.
Corequisite(s): ENG 100I ; ENG 105L . Enroll in ENG 100I first.
Grading Basis: Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory
Units of Laboratory/Studio: 1
Offered: Every Fall and Spring
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. write arguments focused on a specific purpose.
2. write arguments that anticipate the needs of different readers.
3. recognize the differences among kinds of writing situations and be able to reproduce the conventions associated with a specific situation when writing an argument to address it.
4. compose knowledge from a variety of reliable sources including personal expertise when writing an argument.
5. demonstrate critical reading skills when interpreting, analyzing, discussing, and evaluating of a variety of texts.
6. develop standards of “good writing” by which students can evaluate their own and classmates’ essays during revision.
7. use productive strategies for generating, organizing, revising, and editing when writing arguments.
8. write understandable, efficient sentences that follow the general conventions of usage, spelling, grammar, style, and punctuation in standard written English; check for conventions about which they are unsure.
Click here for course scheduling information. | Check course textbook information
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)