Dec 03, 2022
AGSC 102 - Agriculture Communications & Organization (3 units)
Designed for students interested in an agricultural career. Provides an in-depth investigation of personal and interpersonal leadership. Strengthens students’ leadership influence through application of leadership skills, attitudes and dispositions.
Grading Basis: Graded
Units of Lecture: 3
Offered: Every Fall
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. communicate the structure of agriculture education to various audiences.
2. write clearly stated instructional objectives while writing a speech or workshop.
3. utilize the Magic Formula when writing speeches and workshops.
4. demonstrate an understanding of Nevada agricultural organizations and their issues in terms of their importance, concepts, and operation.
5. demonstrate an understanding of attitudes and actions needed to conduct FFA chapter/business visits throughout Nevada.
6. select appropriate curriculum and instructional materials that meet the needs of diverse audiences.
7. employ various teaching methods in their educational/presentation setting.
8. manage student behavior in such a way as to promote an environment conducive to learning.
9. evaluate their peer’s presentation effectiveness through various ways that are appropriate.
10. demonstrate communication skills through presentation activities.
11. demonstrate teaching skills through micro-teaching activities.
Click here for course scheduling information. | Check course textbook information
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)