Apr 01, 2023
BUS 664 - Sport and Concert Arena Management (3 units)
Develop an understanding of the complexity of sport facility and event management. Facility management: planning and designing a sports facility, staff management, facility marketing, developing revenue streams, and facility scheduling and operations. Event management: identifying the goals of the event and coordinating people in the organizations involved to achieve those goals with the resources available.
Maximum units a student may earn: 3
Grading Basis: Graded
Units of Lecture: 3
Offered: Every Fall, Spring, and Summer
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. explain the basic issues related to planning facilities, including site selection, design and the construction process.
2. explain the different forms of public and private funding of sport facilities and ethical issues involved in utilizing public funds.
3. describe the process involved in event planning and management.
4. explain the event and facility issues pertinent to participants, spectators and sponsors.
5. describe the operation of venues and events including staffing, box office management, security, concessions, and maintenance.
6. explain the legal issues facing event and facility management including the risk management process.
7. analyze the process of event bidding and venue selection.
8. GRAD develop a professional speaker introduction through interviews and industry research.
Click here for course scheduling information. | Check course textbook information
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)