Mar 26, 2023
GER 112 - First Year German II (4 units)
Continues introduction to basic German language structures and cultural topics with a focus on proficiency in listening, speaking, reading, and writing. For beginners only.
Maximum units a student may earn: 4
Prerequisite(s): GER 111 .
Grading Basis: Graded
Units of Lecture: 4
Offered: Every Spring
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. describe their own living situations in terms of personal possessions and their physical arrangement.
2. read and interpret short texts using the simple past tense.
3. identify geographical features and their cultural aspects for their own region, German-speaking Europe, and the world.
4. give directions within their cities and homes.
5. produce orally and in written form their desires and preferences.
6. express hypothetical situations about their present and future life.
7. use practical vocabulary for travel, automobiles, animals, personal health matters, and emergencies.
8. compare US and German-speaking cultures in general terms of food, cooking, and the arts.
Click here for course scheduling information. | Check course textbook information
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)