Dec 08, 2022
NVTC 101 - Step 1: Inquiry Approaches to Teaching (1 unit)
NevadaTeach introduction to the mathematics and science teaching environment with an emphasis on lesson preparation.
Prerequisite(s): An interest in exploring teaching as a career.
Grading Basis: Graded
Units of Lecture: 1
Offered: Every Fall and Spring
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. demonstrate proficiency in the use of technology for productivity purposes.
2. write performance objectives and assessments of those objectives for lessons.
3. identify the qualities of effective lesson objectives.
4. design and teach inquiry-based lessons using an appropriate model and use probing questions to elicit feedback to determine students’ acquisition of knowledge.
5. discuss how differences in student learning impact teaching and instructional planning.
6. discuss strategies for achieving instructional equity.
7. discuss strategies for achieving instruction equity.
8. demonstrate proficiency in the use of technology for productivity purposes.
Click here for course scheduling information. | Check course textbook information
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)