Sep 22, 2020
Students who start their career at Truckee Meadows Community College may complete a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Electrical Engineering by following the course of study described below.
TMCC Program to be completed - Associate of Science, Engineering Emphasis
- A candidate for a bachelor’s degree must earn a minimum of 129 units, at least 40 of which must be in courses numbered 300 or above. A minimum of 64.5 units must be taken at a 4-year institution with a minimum of 30 units (300-level or above) in residence at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Students who graduate from a Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) community college with an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or an Associate of Business degree automatically fulfill lower-division general education requirements (CO1-8) at the University unless specific general education courses are required for completion of the student’s major program.
- To find out how other courses transfer, visit the course equivalency guide.
- See the Electrical Engineering (General Emphasis), B.S. in E.E. program description for a four-year recommended schedule for completion of degree requirements.
NOTE: This transfer agreement has been created specifically for the programs listed above and only applies to students who complete the associate’s degree listed. If the associate’s degree is not earned, or a new program is selected, the transfer and articulation of listed courses, as well as fulfilled degree requirements, could be impacted.
University of Nevada, Reno
(775) 784-4700 option 2
Fitzgerald Student Services Building, Second Floor
College of Engineering Advisement Center
Edmund J. Cain 108
TMCC Academic Advisement
Red Mountain Building, Room 111
To ensure a successful transition to the University and graduation in four years, students must work with academic advisors at UNR and TMCC throughout their career.
Students may earn an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science or Associate of Business degree after transferring to the University via reverse transfer . Talk with an academic advisor at TMCC and/or UNR about this opportunity.
The Silver State Transfer Program may provide the least costly route to a bachelors degree, including personalized academic advising from both institutions, certainty on how your specific courses will transfer and the exchange of transcripts between institutions at no additional cost to you.
For information about the Core Objectives (CO) 1-14, please visit the Core Curriculum chapter in the catalog.
Associate’s First Semester (17 units)
- ENG 101 - Composition I (3 units)
- MATH 181 - Calculus I (4 units) CO2 **
- CHEM 121 - General Chemistry I (4 units) ** OR
- CHEM 202 - General Chemistry for Scientists and Engineers (4 units) **
- Fine Arts/Diversity (3 units) Recommended: THTR 210 - Theatre: A Cultural Context (3 units) CO7, CO10
- ENGR 100 - Introduction to Engineering Design (3 units) *
Associate’s Second Semester (16 units)
- ENG 102 - Composition II (3 units) CO1, CO3
- MATH 182 - Calculus II (4 units) CO2 **
- Social Science (3 units) CO6 Required: ECON 102 - Principles of Microeconomics (3 units) CO6 *
- Elective (3 units) Recommended: CS 135 - Computer Science I (3 units) CO12 **
- Elective (3 units) Recommended: EE 120 - Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering (3 units) ***
Associate’s Third Semester (17 units)
- MATH 283 - Calculus III (4 units) **
- PHYS 180 - Physics for Scientists and Engineers I (3 units) CO4 ** AND
- PHYS 180L - Physics for Scientists and Engineers I (1 unit) CO4L **
- Elective (3 units) Recommended: CPE 201 - Digital Design (3 units) **
- Humanities/U.S. and Nevada Constitutions (3 units) CO5, CO8 Recommended: CH 203 - American Experiences and Constitutional Change (3 units) CO5, CO8
- MATH 330 - Linear Algebra (3 units) ***
Associate’s Fourth Semester (14 units)
- PHYS 181 - Physics for Scientists and Engineers II (3 units) CO4 ** AND
- PHYS 181L - Physics for Scientists/Engineers Lab II (1 unit) **
- MATH 285 - Differential Equations (3 units) **
- Elective (3 units) Recommended: EE 291 - Computer Methods for Electrical Engineers (3 units) ***
- EE 220L - Circuits I Laboratory (1 unit) ***
- EE 220 - Circuits I (3 units) ***
Bachelor’s Fifth Semester (16 units)
Bachelor’s Sixth Semester (16 units)
Bachelor’s Seventh Semester (17 units)
Bachelor’s Eighth Semester (16 units)
* Course fulfills specific program requirements for the bachelor’s degree.
** Students must earn a “C” or higher.
*** Students must complete the course at UNR. Please see the Silver State Transfer Program or reverse transfer link listed above in the Contact Information section.
Disclaimer: The provisions of this transfer agreement do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, between any applicant or student and the University of Nevada, Reno. The university reserves the right to make changes in degree requirements, degree offerings, schedules, course offerings, and other university standards to meet circumstances which may arise after publishing this information online.