Sep 22, 2020
Students who start their career at Truckee Meadows Community college may complete a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with a major in Art by following the course of study described below.
TMCC Program to be completed - Associate of Arts, Fine Arts
- A candidate for a bachelor’s degree must earn a minimum of 128 units, at least 42 of which must be in courses numbered 300 or above. A minimum of 64 units must be taken at a 4-year institution with a minimum of 30 units (300-level or above) in residence at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Students who graduate from a Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) community college with an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or an Associate of Business degree automatically fulfill lower-division general education requirements (CO1-8) at the University unless specific general education courses are required for completion of the student’s major program.
- To find out how other courses transfer, visit the course equivalency guide.
- See the Art, B.F.A. program description for a four-year recommended schedule for completion of degree requirements.
NOTE: This transfer agreement has been created specifically for the programs listed above and only applies to students who complete the associate’s degree listed. If the associate’s degree is not earned, or a new program is selected, the transfer and articulation of listed courses, as well as fulfilled degree requirements, could be impacted.
University of Nevada, Reno
(775) 784-4700 option 2
Fitzgerald Student Services Building, Second Floor
College of Liberal Arts Advising (Transfer Student Advising)
Thompson Building, Room 101
TMCC Academic Advisement
Red Mountain Building, Room 111
To ensure a successful transition to the University and graduation in four years, students must work with academic advisors at UNR and TMCC throughout their career.
Students may earn an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science or Associate of Business degree after transferring to the University via reverse transfer . Talk with an academic advisor at TMCC and/or UNR about this opportunity.
The Co-Admission program may provide the least costly route to a bachelors degree, including personalized academic advising from both institutions, certainty on how your specific courses will transfer and the exchange of transcripts between institutions at no additional cost to you.
For information about the Core Objectives (CO) 1-14, please visit the Core Curriculum chapter in the catalog.
Associate’s First Semester (15 units)
- ENG 101 - Composition I (3 units) OR
- ENG 113 - Composition I for International Students (3 units)
- MATH 120 - Fundamentals of College Mathematics (3 units) CO2
- ART 100 - Visual Foundations (3 units) CO7 *
- ART 101 - Drawing I (3 units) CO7 *
- ART 260 - Survey of Art History I (3 units) CO7 *
Associate’s Second Semester (16 units)
- ENG 102 - Composition II (3 units) CO1, CO3 OR
- ENG 114 - Composition II For International Students (CO1, CO3)
- ART 141 - Introduction to Digital Photography (3 units) CO7 *
- ART 209 - Introduction to Gallery Practices (1 unit)
- ART 261 - Survey of Art History II (3 units) CO7, CO11 *
- Art Major Emphasis Class I (3 units) *
- Science (3 units) CO4L
Associate’s Third Semester (14 units)
- ART 288 - Photography of Art and Artifacts (3 units)
- ART 298 - Portfolio Emphasis (2 units)
- Social Science/U.S. and Nevada Constitutions (3 units) CO6, CO8
- Science (3 units) CO4, CO4L
- Art Major Emphasis Class II (3 units) *
Associate’s Fourth Semester (15 units)
- ART 270 - Women in Art (3 units)
- Additional Art Studio course (3 units) *
- Art Major Emphasis Class III (3 units) *
- Required Art Studio course (3 units) *
- Humanities (3 units) CO5 Required: PHIL 210 - World Religions (3 units) CO10, CO11
Bachelor’s Fifth Semester (18 units)
Bachelor’s Sixth Semester (17 units)
- ART 442 - Intermedia (3 units)
- Art Major Emphasis Class V (3 units)
- Minor (6 units) **
- 300-400 Level Minor (3 units) **
- General Elective (2 units)
Bachelor’s Seventh Semester (18 units)
Bachelor’s Eighth Semester (15 units)
* Course fulfills specific program requirements for the bachelor’s degree.
** For information about the Minor, please go to the Undergraduate Minors page in the catalog.
Disclaimer: The provisions of this transfer agreement do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, between any applicant or student and the University of Nevada, Reno. The university reserves the right to make changes in degree requirements, degree offerings, schedules, course offerings, and other university standards to meet circumstances which may arise after publishing this information online.