Sep 22, 2020
Students who start their career at Truckee Meadows Community College may complete a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Criminal Justice by following the course of study described below.
TMCC Program to be completed - Associate of Arts, Criminal Justice
- A candidate for a bachelor’s degree must earn a minimum of 120 units, at least 42 of which must be in courses numbered 300 or above. A minimum of 60 units must be taken at a 4-year institution with a minimum of 30 units (300-level or above) in residence at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Students who graduate from a Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) community college with an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or an Associate of Business degree automatically fulfill lower-division general education requirements (CO1-8) at the University unless specific general education courses are required for completion of the student’s major program.
- To find out how other courses transfer, visit the course equivalency guide.
- See the Criminal Justice (Criminal Justice Major), B.A. in C.J. program description for a four-year recommended schedule for completion of degree requirements.
NOTE: This transfer agreement has been created specifically for the programs listed above and only applies to students who complete the associate’s degree listed. If the associate’s degree is not earned, or a new program is selected, the transfer and articulation of listed courses, as well as fulfilled degree requirements, could be impacted.
University of Nevada, Reno
(775) 784-4700 option 2
Fitzgerald Student Services Building, Second Floor
College of Liberal Arts Advising (Transfer Student Advising)
Thompson Building, Room 101
TMCC Academic Advisement
Red Mountain Building, Room 111
To ensure a successful transition to the University and graduation in four years, students must work with academic advisors at UNR and TMCC throughout their career.
Students may earn an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science or Associate of Business degree after transferring to the University via reverse transfer . Talk with an academic advisor at TMCC and/or UNR about this opportunity.
The Co-Admission program may provide the least costly route to a bachelors degree, including personalized academic advising from both institutions, certainty on how your specific courses will transfer and the exchange of transcripts between institutions at no additional cost to you.
For information about the Core Objectives (CO) 1-14, please visit the Core Curriculum chapter in the catalog.
Associate’s First Semester (16 units)
- ENG 101 - Composition I (3 units)
- MATH 126 - Pre-Calculus I (3 units) *
- Social Science/U.S. and Nevada Constitutions (3 units) CO6, CO8 Recommended: PSC 101 - Introduction to American Politics (3 units) CO6, CO8
- CRJ 104 - Introduction to Administration of Justice (3 units) *
- Foreign Language 111 (4 units)
Associate’s Second Semester (16 units)
- ENG 102 - Composition II (3 units) CO1, CO3 OR
- ENG 114 - Composition II For International Students (3 units) CO1, CO3
- TMCC Emphasis Course (3 units) Recommended: CRJ 211 - Police in America: An Introduction (3 units) *
- Fine Arts (3 units) CO7
- Science (3 units) CO4, CO4L
- Foreign Language 112 (4 units)
Associate’s Third Semester (15 units)
- TMCC Diversity/Humanities (3 units) CO5
- CRJ 222 - Criminal Law and Procedure (3 units) *
- TMCC Emphasis Course (3 units) Recommended: CRJ 106 - Introduction to Corrections (3 units) CO11 *
- Science (3 units) CO4, CO4L Recommended: ENV 101 - Introduction to Environmental Science (3 units) CO4, CO9
- Foreign Language 211 (3 units)
Associate’s Fourth Semester (13 Units)
- STAT 152 - Introduction to Statistics (3 units) *
- CRJ 234 - Introduction to the Courts and American Legal System (3 units) *
- Foreign Language 212 (3 units)
- Elective (3 units) Recommended: UNR Related Subjects or Minor. ***
- Elective (1 unit)
Bachelor’s Fifth Semester (15 Units)
- CRJ 301 - Research Methods in Criminal Justice (3 units) CO14
- 300-400 Level CRJ Group I (3 units)
- 100-200 Level Minor (6 units) *** OR
- Related Subjects (6 units)
- Science, Technology & Society Course (3 units) CO9 OR
- General Elective (3 units)
Bachelor’s Sixth Semester (15 units)
- 300-400 Level CRJ Group II (3 units)
- 300-400 Level CRJ Elective (3 units)
- 300-400 Level Minor (3 units) *** OR
- Related Subjects (3 units)
- College Breadth Requirement (3 units) **
- 300-400 Level General Elective (3 units)
Bachelor’s Seventh Semester (15 units)
Bachelor’s Eighth Semester (15 units)
* Course fulfills specific program requirements for the bachelor’s degree.
** For information about the College Breadth Requirement, please go to the College of Liberal Arts page in the catalog.
*** For information about the Minor, please go to the Undergraduate Minors page in the catalog.
Disclaimer: The provisions of this transfer agreement do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, between any applicant or student and the University of Nevada, Reno. The university reserves the right to make changes in degree requirements, degree offerings, schedules, course offerings, and other university standards to meet circumstances which may arise after publishing this information online.