Dec 04, 2023
This program is for SNU students only.
University of Nevada, Reno
College of Education and Human Development, Mail Stop 0299
1664 North Virginia Street
Reno, NV 89557
Admission to SNU Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) in Special Education - Generalist, Alternative Route Track.
Program Objectives/ Student Learning Outcomes
The following SLOs were adapted from SNU with modification to align with COEHD and UNRs SLO standards.
- Students will be able to teach to a diverse population of learners;
- Students will be able implement a variety of instructional strategies;
- Students will meet or exceed professional teaching competencies within the global, multicultural paradigm of the twenty-first century;
- Incorporate an interdisciplinary philosophy and approach to classroom instruction.
EDUC 659 is not required for all ARL students.
- EDEL 633 - Methods for Teaching PK-8 Mathematics (3 units)
- EDRL 642 - Literacy Instruction I (3 units)
- EDSP 611 - Students with Disabilities in General Education Settings (3 units)
- EDSP 632 - Serving Individuals with Disabilities and Their Families (3 units)
- EDSP 652 - Assessment for Special Education Teachers (3 units)
- EDSP 653 - Behavior Mgmt & Social-Emotional Learning in the Classroom (3 units)
- EDUC 610 - Psychological Foundations of Education (3 units)
- EDUC 613 - Education for a Changing World (3 units)
- EDUC 637 - Advanced Teaching & Learning Strategies in Special Education (3 units)
- EDUC 638 - Collaboration/Transition Issues w/ Families & Professionals (3 units)
- EDUC 639 - Students w/ Learning Dis, Emotional Problems, & Reltd Disord (3 units)
- EDUC 641 - Human Development (3 units)
- EDUC 659 - ELEM Student Teaching Seminar (8 units)
- EDUC 690 - Alternative Route to Licensure Internship (2 units)
- EDUC 608 - Educational Research and Reflective Practice (3 units)
- EDUC 609 - Professional Project (3 units)