Jun 07, 2023
Only available to previous SNU students who were admitted in the M.Ed. in English Language Acquisition and Development.
University of Nevada, Reno
College of Education and Human Development, Mail Stop 0299
1664 North Virginia Street
Reno, NV 89557
Only for students enrolled in SNU’s M.Ed. in ELAD.
Program Objectives/Student Learning Outcomes
The following SLOs were adapted from SNU with modification to align with COEHD and UNRs SLO standards.
SLO1: Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge necessary to teach diverse student populations, including bilingual//multilingual students
SLO2: Students will be able to demonstrate an ability to translate theory into practice and implement best practices when teaching diverse student populations, including bilingual/multilingual students
SLO3: Students will be able to evaluate their practices teaching diverse student populations, including bilingual/multilingual students.
Educational Core Courses (12 units)
- EDUC 612 - Technology and English Language Acquisition and Development (3 units)
- EDUC 613 - Education for a Changing World (3 units)
- EDUC 618 - Current Issues and Trends in EL Acquisition and Development (3 units)
- EDUC 621 - Educational Research (3 units)
Concentration Courses (18 units)
- EDRL 671 - Theory and Practice of Academic English Language Development (3 units)
- EDRL 672 - Methods and Curricula for Teaching Elementary English Learners (3 units)
- EDRL 675 - Assessment and Evaluation English Language Learners (3 units)
- EDUC 619 - Foundations in Education in Cultural & Linguistic Diversity (3 units)
- EDUC 620 - Cultural and Linguistic Diversity Program Leadership (3 units)
- EDUC 614 - Policies, Critical Issues, and Best Practices for ELL/K-6 (2 units) OR
- EDUC 628 - Policies, Critical Issues, and Best Practices for ELLs/Sec (2 units)
- EDUC 629 - ELAD Practicum (1 unit)
Total Credits (30 units)
Educational Core: 12
Concentration Courses: 18