University General Course Catalog 2021-2022 
    Jul 18, 2024  

NevadaTeach Secondary Education and Physics, B.S./B.S. in Ed. (TMCC)

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: NevadaTeach Secondary Education and Physics, B.S./B.S. in Ed: Transfer Agreements

Students who start their career at Truckee Meadows Community College may complete a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in NevadaTeach Secondary Education and Physics by following the course of study described below.

TMCC Program to be completed - Associate of Science

  • A candidate for a bachelor’s degree must earn a minimum of 127 units, at least 40 of which must be in courses numbered 300 or above. A minimum of 63.5 units must be taken at a 4-year institution with a minimum of 30 units (300-level or above) in residence at the University of Nevada, Reno. 
  • Students who graduate from a Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) community college with an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or an Associate of Business degree automatically fulfill lower-division general education requirements (CO1-8) at the University unless specific general education courses are required for completion of the student’s major program.
  • To find out how other courses transfer, visit the course equivalency guide.
  • See the Nevada Teach Secondary Education and Physics, B.S./B.S. in Ed.  program description for more information on degree requirements.

NOTE: This transfer agreement has been created specifically for the programs listed above and only applies to students who complete the associate’s degree listed. If the associate’s degree is not earned, or a new program is selected, the transfer and articulation of listed courses, as well as fulfilled degree requirements, could be impacted.

Contact Information

University of Nevada, Reno
Transfer Center
(775) 784-4700 option 2
Fitzgerald Student Services Building, Second Floor

College of Science
Academic Advising 
DMSC 411

TMCC Academic Advisement 
(775) 673-7062
Red Mountain Building, Room 111

To ensure a successful transition to the University and graduation in four years, students must work with academic advisors at UNR and TMCC throughout their career.

Students may earn an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science or Associate of Business degree after transferring to the University via reverse transfer . Talk with an academic advisor at TMCC and/or UNR about this opportunity.

The Co-Admission program may provide the least costly route to a bachelors degree, including personalized academic advising from both institutions, certainty on how your specific courses will transfer and the exchange of transcripts between institutions at no additional cost to you.

Recommended Schedule

For information about the Core Objectives (CO) 1-14, please visit the Core Curriculum  chapter in the catalog.

Associate’s First Semester (16 units)

  • ENG 101 - Composition I (3 units) OR
  • ENG 113 - Composition I for International Students (3 units)
  • MATH 181 - Calculus I (4 units) CO2 *
  • Fine Arts/TMCC Diversity (3 units)
  • Humanities (3 units)
  • CS 135 - Computer Science I (3 units) 

Associate’s Second Semester (14 units)

  • ENG 102 - Composition II (3 units) CO1, CO3 OR
  • ENG 114 - Composition II For International Students (3 units) CO1, CO3
  • Social Science/U.S. and Nevada Constitutions (3 units) CO8
  • MATH 182 - Calculus II (4 units) *
  • PHYS 180 - Physics for Scientists and Engineers I (3 units) CO4 * AND
  • PHYS 180L - Physics for Scientists/Engineers Lab I (1 unit) CO4L *

Associate’s Third Semester (17 units)

  • MATH 283 - Calculus III (4 units) *
  • CHEM 121 - General Chemistry I (4 units) CO4L *
  • PHYS 181 - Physics for Scientists and Engineers II (3 units) CO4 * AND
  • PHYS 181L - Physics for Scientists/Engineers Lab II (1 units) CO4L *

Associate’s Fourth Semester (14 units)

  • MATH 285 - Differential Equations (3 units)
  • PHYS 182 - Physics for Scientists and Engineers III (3 units) *
  • PHYS 182L - Physics for Scientists and Engineers III Lab (1 units) * NOTE: Students may need to take PHYS 182/182L at UNR because it is offered infrequently (as needed) at TMCC.
  • CHEM 122 - General Chemistry II (4 units) CO4L, CO9 *

Bachelor’s Eighth Semester (10 units)


* Course fulfills specific program requirements for the bachelor’s degree.
** Students must complete the course at UNR. Please see the Silver State Transfer Program or reverse transfer link listed above in the Contact Information section.

Disclaimer: The provisions of this transfer agreement do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, between any applicant or student and the University of Nevada, Reno. The university reserves the right to make changes in degree requirements, degree offerings, schedules, course offerings, and other university standards to meet circumstances which may arise after publishing this information online.

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: NevadaTeach Secondary Education and Physics, B.S./B.S. in Ed: Transfer Agreements